Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pregnancy

I made the realization this week that, with the exception of 2009, I have been pregnant every year since 2005! All 3 of our babies are born (or due) in January/February, spanning 2 calendar years each.

For the most part, I have enjoyed all 3 pregnancies. The second was was the most difficult because Brayden was very young and I couldn't just take a nap and relax like I could with the first one. This third pregnancy seems to be flying by- maybe it's the whole moving, working full-time and juggling 2 preschoolers thing. We are 4 weeks from our due date! Brayden was 2 weeks early and Brinley was 9 days late, so who knows what will happen with baby girl! I am a bit nervous about the whole timing contractions thing since my water broke with Brayden and I was induced with Brinley. I also have this fear that since we live a little farther from the hospital this time (we moved and it moved) things will move too quickly and she'll be born in the car! Quick, someone get me some statistics to reassure me of how unlikely that is... I also don't want to get the hospital too late to receive that blessed epidural.

The house is in good enough shape that we would be okay if baby girl arrived today, but a few more weeks of getting organized and nesting would be great, too. We have a name picked out and the kids are very excited, hopefully that will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment