Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Best Proposal Ever!

I heard on the radio last week about the "best proposal ever" where a guy made a fake movie trailer that was shown at the movie theater. Yes, that's lovely and sweet. But, actually I had the best proposal ever!

Kenny and I met at MSU Dance Marathon my freshman year when I was 18. He was dating someone else at the time and I stalked him waited patiently until they broke up and he asked me out. We had our first date at Old Venice and dated for two years before we ere engaged.

Kenny was working at MSU in the skyboxes and I was a student worker there as well. He had gone to Atlanta to work the SEC tournament and was supposed to be home that day in December. I was in the skybox office in the Humphrey Coliseum working and he called to tell me he had to stay an extra day. He said there were some great pictures of the event on this website and gave me an address. When I pulled it up there was a picture of him on the phone, asking me to marry him! It said "if yes, click here" and then showed him at the center of the basketball court and said "come find me." I turned around to find his co-workers, our friend Robyn and Jill, with camera and video camera in hand, following me as I tried not to fall down the stairs. When I got down to where he was, he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said "yes!"

He had done all of this work in advance getting the photos, creating a website, organizing for our friends to document it. Everything was perfect!

We were married just over a year later, January 4, 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment