Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Honesty

Thanks to my friend Lauren over at Confident of This for being honest on her blog. Like me she has three young children, close to the ages of my kids, and shares many of the same struggles I do. This week she posted: 


"I want to make this day count. I want to choose my words carefully and speak gently over her [daughter]; to raise her up to be a godly woman after kingdom things. I want to yell less and listen more."


The "yell less and listen more" part really hit home. Happens way too often at my house and that's one thing I want to change in 2012. 


I also heard on the radio this morning about a family who tried for ten years (YEARS, people!!) to have a baby and then we they did finally have a baby girl, she only lived for 29 days. That had me almost in tears and reminded me to really cherish the times that we have as a family and our sweet, healthy, lively, creative, hilarious, loving, lovable children. This parenting thing is hard and most days I am tired. But it's such a sweet gift!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim, that story is heartbreaking about the family who tried for 10 years! I'm in tears just thinking of it.

    Thanks for reading & posting from my post... it really is an everyday struggle for me. I want to be so much better in 2012. Maybe we should host some kind of bloggy challenge on yelling less & listening more in the new year??!?!?! serious! let me know what you think ;) and thanks for your honesty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I just figured out how to get to comments and realize this is way old! I'm up for it- let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete