Friday, December 9, 2011

Kindness of a Stranger

Amid the chaos of the holiday season, and despite recent reports of senseless and even random violence, I am reminded that the world is full of good people. Earlier this week I had a brief amount of time to run errands at Target (alone!). I was picking up quite a lot of stuff for a number of different things and my cart was overflowing with bags and two large-ish boxes as I exited the store. The rain was torrential. I wrangled the cart to the car with my umbrella, trying to cover the few things that could be damaged by rain. One of the boxes was heavy and long and I needed to get it in the car first, so that I could put all the other stuff on top of it. As I tried to get it out and hold the umbrella, the cart would start to roll away. Then, a kind stranger appeared! She held the cart and the umbrella for me while I got the box in the car, and then helped me put all my bags in. It was a small gesture that made a big difference for me on a rainy day. What can you do today to show kindness to someone?

1 comment:

  1. That's a really sweet story. That stranger was very kind to stand out in the rain and help.
    ~Megan F.~

    ReplyDelete