Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dresser Revamp

I stumbled upon this wooden dresser for $3 at my favorite thrift store and new it would be perfect for Bristol's summer stuff at camp. The kids and I had a great time making it new again and they were actually pretty helpful.
 First we pulled off the old contact paper and possibly wallpaper that covered it and removed the knobs.

 Orange spray paint became Mama's blank canvas! Top:
 Side 1. Song from Annie- best movie ever.
 Side 2. Found some ideas online and made it my own.
 Front
New knobs were the most expensive part! And then the screws were too long and I had to get shorter screws. And drill the holes larger to accommodate said screws. Two coats of poly, some felt hot-glued inside each drawer bottom and we're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment