Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Greater Love Than Mom's?

Tonight we took our middle child, Brinley, to Kindergarten orientation. She is going to rock at Kindergarten. She knows a lot more than Brayden did when he started Kindergarten (because she's the second child? A girl? Both?) and she is so excited!

When I really stop to think about it, I could go crazy with worry. I can't be with my kids at every moment of their life, nor do I think that is healthy. I'm glad that they are independent and well-adjusted enough to go to school and daycare happily each day. But what if...

What if one falls off the swing set on the playground and breaks an arm?
What if some crazy person walks into their school and starts shooting people for no reason?
What if there is an earthquake, fire, tornado, etc.?
What if __ (fill in the blank with the current crazy news story)?

Could anyone love my children more than I do? I'm their mom and I will go to the ends of the earth to protect them from harm. I heard on the radio recently a great reminder- that God loves my children more than I do. That takes a while to sink in. But it also gives me great peace. I can't protect my children from everything. Bad things happen to good people all the time. But I know that whatever situation or outcome they face, they have someone much more powerful than their mom watching out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment