Monday, March 7, 2011

Family Update

Kenny's kidney stone is gone- yeay! It stuck around for 2 painful nights, and we are both glad that it is gone. I was trying to be sympathetic, but was finding it hard having just given birth for the 3rd time...Trying to juggle the 3 kids and an ill husband, I kinda felt like Super Mom for a little bit there.

We survived our first excursion with all the kids (Target & Dairy Queen), Bristol has taken her first trip to CVS for couponing with Mom, and everyone is adjusting well. I'm glad to have my mom here for a week to help us get settled and organized!

Bristol is doing the usual baby stuff- sleeping a lot, needing lots of diaper changes, and loving to be snuggled up next to anyone. She is sleeping well at night and is pretty mellow until she gets mad and then she shows us what a great set of lungs she has. I have managed to write in her baby book, so she won't be that 3rd child with a totally neglected baby book.

With three kids it sometimes I feel like I'm running triage- you're crying but not bleeding? Eh, you're okay. You're throwing up? You get first priority.
You're only a week old and need to be held? Okay, now you get first priority.

Overall, it's been a fairly smooth transition. We have been enjoying delicious food from some great friends. Everyone is healthy. The weather was beautiful today and we spent lots of time outside (after the snow melted).

"My cup overflows with blessings!" Psalm 23:5

No comments:

Post a Comment