Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Life with 3 kids...

...has been interesting so far. The older 2 are adjusting pretty well and enjoy helping me get diapers, holding Bristol, etc. When we picked Brayden up at daycare today he had to "help" carry her carseat and kept saying "I love you Bristol! I want to kiss you all week!" and was telling all of his friends about her. Brinley has been acting out a bit more, which I was expecting.

Last night Bristol was screaming and Kenny came down with sudden, severe abdominal pain. He didn't sleep well last night, but didn't think it was bad enough to go to the ER. This morning we saw his doctor who said it was probably nothing, but ordered a CT scan to check for kidney stones. He was feeling good most of the day, thankfully. So, we ended up back at the hospital for his scan and he does have a 2 mm kidney stone. We weren't glad about that, but were happy to know that there was some cause for his pain and that it wasn't appendicitis or something worse. The doctor gave him pain meds and the only treatment is to drink lots of water and wait for it to pass. Bristol happily slept most of the day away in my arms, and I had plenty of time to just cuddle her and look at her cute little face.

My "one word" for the year, CALM, was my mantra tonight at bedtime. Kenny was on the couch in pain and I was upstairs trying to get the older 2 kids in pajamas with teeth brushed and books read. Bristol was screaming, Brayden was being fairly well-behaved and Brinley was having a tantrum about getting dressed. "Keep calm and carry on!" I kept telling myself. Eventually everyone made it to bed and Kenny is feeling a bit better. I'm going to bed early tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment