Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fun

We kicked off our Memorial Day Weekend by watching Daddy play softball. After about 4 weeks of rained out games, we were excited to be able to make one at 6 pm while everyone was still awake (they play at 6, 7, 8 and 9 pm)! The kids and I had a picnic dinner while I taught them the basics of softball, then they were off to play in the dirt pile.

Highlights from today:
*We slept late
*Brinley & I walked to a neighborhood yardsale
*Donuts from our favorite local donut stand
*Lots of laundry
*Tumbling
*Popsicles in the backyard with our bare feet in the grass
*Dinner with friends and their kids. Three families, 8 kids between us- 4 girls and 4 boys spanning all ages from 1-7!

Today was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, Kim!!! Makes me want to post more just small posts about highlights day to day... so many days I just get lost in all the busyness and don't appreciate the simple, good stuff! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lauren! I was wanting to update the blog and didn't have a lot of energy, so it was sweet and simple. :)

    ReplyDelete