Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tumbling

I will preface this by saying that I sooooooo wanted to be a gymnast like Kim Zmeskal when I was little. Either I wasn't very good and/or my parents were not really into driving me to practice at crazy hours and letting me skip school and all that jazz, so I think I took lessons for a year or two. I tried out for but never made the cheerleading or dance team in middle school. I still love to watch gymnastics and cheerleading any time the are on tv! So I'm trying to find a good balance between hoping that my daughters will love dance/gymnastics/cheer so that I can live vicariously through them, and not being a crazy mom who pushes her kids into doing things they don't love. So, we're dipping our feet in the water. My friend Heidi has opened Renown Cheer and Tumbling and our first class (ages 3-5) was this weekend. Brinley was shy at first and didn't participate in some activities, but then came around and warmed up. 

 On the left in pink/black, in the middle of bunny hopping

 Worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment