Thursday, April 7, 2011

Puddles & Pigeons

What excitement lately...

Yesterday I took the kids to the playground for what I hoped was a nice long time running around, which would tire them out so we could have a quiet, restful afternoon. Ha! About 15 minutes into it, Brinley falls into a huge puddle on the outer edge of the playground. And not just "I got my toes wet" kinda fall. More of a side roll, so that she was wet from head to toe! And not just a clean water puddle- the black dirty water puddle. She started crying, and all I could do was laugh. It was cool and windy and I had no extra clothes, so we had to go home. My kids don't often like to get dirty, though I try to encourage them to splash in puddles and get dirty.

Today the older two were at daycare and Bristol and I were cleaning out the garage. She was in the bouncy seat watching me and I also had the door to the house open (not sure why exactly). Suddenly 3 pigeons fly into the garage making a commotion. I closed the door to the house and then ran over to protect her from them (??). I saw 2 birds leave the garage. My fear was confirmed- one was in the house! I called Kenny, willing him to be on an errand around the corner, but not so. Luckily the bird stayed downstairs and when I opened the front and back doors he flew out the front before I had to chase him with a broom. I'm glad that is over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment