Monday, February 21, 2011

False Alarm!

Last night I started having contractions around 9:00 pm and they were about 15 minutes apart. Starting at 2:00 am I was up with them every 10 minutes, but they were not especially painful. With Brayden my water broke and with Brinley I was induced, so I haven't had to deal with this whole contractions thing before. Not really knowing what to expect or when to go to the hospital, being about 25 minutes from the hospital, and this being baby #3, I didn't want to risk it. We called Nana & Grandpa at 3:00 am and were at the hospital by 4:00. I was put on the monitor to check things, then sent for a walk for an hour and re-checked. Contractions were consistently 3 to 10 minutes apart, but not intense enough to get things going, so they sent me home. The doctor said could be the next 24 hours, the nurse said could still be a week, so who knows! It was certainly disappointing to be sent home, but I guess it's better than hanging out at the hospital with nothing happening. Hopefully we got all of that middle-of-the-night drama out of the way and when it really happens it will be a more normal time of day! Kenny & I both came home and slept for a few hours to make up for all the sleep we lost last night. For now, we keep waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment