Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Word

I listen to K-Love radio in the mornings and they have been talking about a new kind of New Year's Resolution. It's called "My One Word." From their website (http://myoneword.org/): "My One Word" is an experiment designed to move you beyond the past and look ahead. The challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick one word. This process provides clarity by taking all of your big plans for life change and narrowing them down to a single thing. One word focuses on your character and creates a vision for your future.

Well, we certainly have plenty going on this year in the life change category. I've been thinking about what I want my word to be for this year and it came to me this morning:

CALM

I often get frustrated with the things going on in my house (usually involving my children) and adding another child to the mix is only going to increase the chaos factor. I want to focus on staying calm this year. Calm when I talk to my children, even if they're causing me frustration. Calm when I talk to my husband about whatever it is that is going on that day. I especially want to be calm when I am having to discipline my children. My frustration seems to fuel theirs and then everyone is a mess. So, for 2011, I'm all about CALM!

No comments:

Post a Comment