Saturday, January 28, 2012

Interview- Good Housekeeping Style

I love the two features in Good Housekeeping each month on a husband and a mom with a quick one-page list of questions and answers. Since they probably won't be featuring me any time soon, I'll answer for you below!


As a mom, what's the best part of your day?
I love mornings when all the kids wake up and pile into our bed for snuggles.

What's a parenting rule you never break?
Brushing and flossing their teeth every night.

And a rule that you do break?
Bathing every day- this is quite a chore with three little ones on busy work days. In the summer, it's every day for sure. That's another reason to like winter!

What are three words that describe you as a mom?
Cuddly, creative, organized.

Any beauty products you can't live without?
I've never been big on wearing make up, but concealer is a must for those dark circles under my eyes every day, no matter how much sleep I get!

What books are you reading to your kids?
We read two books before bed each night and some current favorites are: Curious George, Bearenstein Bears, Fancy Nancy, Baby Dear and Bob the Builder.

And what are you reading?
The Mission of Motherhood for our Wednesday night study and not much else right now. I got a Kindle for Christmas and read The Help and Water for Elephants recently- both were really good!

What's on your nightstand?
Alarm clock/sound machine, my kids' journals (I try to write a sentence in each of them each day about something that happened or something funny they said), my journal (I seldom have time to write in it), a spit up cloth, a baby toy telephone, lotion and Chapstick.

What's a time-out for you?
Reading People magazine each week, organizing my coupons and planning my shopping trip, and going to be early.

No comments:

Post a Comment