Thursday, January 19, 2012

Making Mornings Easier

I got a great idea a few years ago from my friend Olivia and how to make mornings easier and give kids choices about clothes, while still having some control and not having crazy outfits every day of the week for school and daycare.

Each weekend the kids help me put together outfits for the whole week. I usually pick out the shirts and they can pick the pants, or vice versa. They get the hangers and help me put the outfits together and hang them up.

First, I hang the pants or skirt on the hanger. 
 
 Then I add the shirt.
 And underwear.

 We hang all the outfits in their closet on the lower shelf where they can reach everything.

Each night before bed, they pick out what they want to wear tomorrow and hang in on the knob of the closet so that it is all ready to go in the morning.

And the most important rule: Mommy gets to pick church clothes on Sundays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment