Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Apple Cupcakes

 For his birthday snack at school, Brayden requested Star Wars cupcakes. After a quick search on Pinterest didn't turn up many ideas, I tried to talk him out of that. His next choices was Spiderman. Then we found these apple cupcakes in my What's New, Cupcake? book and he thought they were great.

They were pretty simple to make. After frosting the cupcakes (in red cupcake liners) with red frosting, you put a mini donut on the top (with about 1/3 shaved off the bottom) and then freeze for 10 minutes. Then cover the whole thing with frosting and roll in red sprinkles. The stem is half of a tootsie roll, cut long-wise. I bought green gummies for the stems and then couldn't find them and had to go with plan b, which was piping some leaves on wax paper with frosting and freezing them. They ended up pretty messy and then I found the gummies in the other shopping bag after I was done- of course! I think I am officially done making cupcakes for a long while now!

No comments:

Post a Comment