Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jake and the Never Land Pirates Party Tutorial

We had our party at Pump It Up, so to my husband "everything is taken care of!" Partially true. Since I din't have to worry about activities and entertainment, I had time for invitations, treasure and cupcakes. I got lots of great ideas from Pinterest. For the invitations, I got mini bottles of Walmart brand water and we drank them and let them dry. 

I used the printable invitations from Disney Junior and then edited them using Publisher so that I could add my own info and not have to hand write them all.

My kids had fun helping me assemble the invitations! We got some sand outside and used a funnel to put a small amount in each bottle with the rolled up invitation.

I copied a photo I found on the internet into labels in Word and then printed on cardstock (not labels) and punched a hole in the corner and tied them on to the bottle with some string. I wrote on the top of the bottle with Sharpie.

I ordered treasure boxes, pirate coins, pirate silly bands and pirate coins from Oriental Trading. We put glitter into tiny plastic bags for Pixie Dust, included some pirate stickers I got on eBay and I made some chocolates in pirate molds that I got on eBay.

We found chocolate coins and pirate fruit snacks at Big Lots.


I made a banner by printing off the letters, cutting them out, and gluing them to red striped paper with rubber cement. We used other items we had at home or borrowed from friends for decorations- a pirate ship, treasure chests, a parrot and gold dubloons.

I made a 6-inch smash cake for our daughter who turned one. I freehanded the decoration, using piping bags and cake decorating tips.

I got cupcake wrappers and pirate flags at Michael's and pirate rings from eBay. I learned how to pipe the (store bought) frosting on the cupcakes on the internet.

Everything turned out so cute and the kids had a blast!

3 comments:

  1. this party looks like it was awesome. I would love to recreate your invites. Did the guests have a problem getting the invites out of the bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Davis- I'm not sure! I put them in with the details facing out, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas. I'm a mommy on a budget and you take the cake for invention!

    ReplyDelete