Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Spaghetti Cupcakes Tutorial

Our daycare had a spaghetti dinner fundraiser this weekend and asked parents to bring baked goods for dessert. Of course, I immediate went to Pinterest to see what I could find: not much. I searched the internet and found these cupcakes, made from the book Hello, Cupcake!


 I lightly frosted the cupcakes with store-bought white frosting. Then I tinted the rest a light yellow with food coloring and put it in a ziplock bag. I snipped off a corner and piped squiggly lines to look like spaghetti. I melted some strawberry jelly in the microwave for about 20 seconds until it was liquidy and spooned some onto each for sauce. Then I put on three Whoppers for meatballs and some white chocolate shavings for parmesan cheese. I couldn't find white chocolate, so got a Hersey bar that was cookies and cream and used a  knife to scrape off some off the top. Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment